Growing India is requiring the literate generation. This is why many career options which dead once, are now being erupted again. As in, the past years had many doctors but now many are willingly opting for Bachelor of Pharmacy as a study and as a practice. Moreover, the B Pharmacy course helps the students in understanding the medicinal properties as well as their impacts in order to develop the skills, which are needed to help, guide and counsel their patients.
Apart from that, the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree holders are able to work such as a professional patient counselor, pharmacist, etc. in various fields. They are able to further get into a master’s degree, can work as a lecturer in a university or they are able to also work as a drug information expert, which completely depends upon what field they prefer to work in.
The Scope of Bachelor of Pharmacy in India:
As mentioned above, the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree holders has many options to choose from when it comes to its Scope. However, B. Pharm in India could be understood by these four sectors:
- In Government Sector:The B. Pharm degree holder in government sector can work as a Drug Inspector or as a Pharmacist.
- In the Private Sector: The B. Pharm degree holder in a private sector can work as a professional in the manufacturing of Pharmaceutical or medical devices (for keeping a check at the quality of formulations or operations), Pharmaceutical companies for regulatory dossiers, retail pharmacies, Medical Underwriting, etc.
- Business opportunities or Self-Employment (After B. Pharm): The B. Pharm degree holder can run his/her own drug store, go for his/her own Pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, or can work as a wholesaler or market the products under his/her own name or brand.
- Career choices after higher studies in Pharmacy (After B. Pharm): After doing the higher studies in Pharmacy, one can go for courses such as MS, M. Pharm after B. Pharm, Ph.D., MBA After B. Pharm or placement Oriented Certificate Courses for skill development, etc.
Are you eligible for the Bachelor of Pharmacy course? What does it take to Apply?
Bachelor of Pharmacy termed as B. Pharm in India has an eligibility criterion that is pretty straight and without any folds.
- The course duration is complete for 4 years, which includes both annual as well as semester schemes in India.
- For Indian Nationals:
One can apply only if his/her birthday is on or before 31st December 2002. Apart from that, an aggregate of 50% is required in PCB or PCM with a pass +2 certificate. NIOS candidates are also eligible for applying. Moreover, the admissions are done based on an entrance test in a university in order to be eligible for the Bachelor of Pharmacy course.
You are the sole holder of your decisions. Therefore, make the best so that you don’t regret later. The best education is all we need and we happily try investing in.